Changes to ASIC service centres
Over the last few years, we have seen a continuing decline in numbers of customers using the counter-based Service Centres located in each ASIC office as we continue to implement new and improved online services. Today, around 84% of our total lodgements are received through our online services while our Service Centres receive only 4% of all lodgements.
From 1 July 2014, we are transitioning our Service Centre customers to online channels, primarily the online service available via our website known as ASIC Connect. This is consistent with the Government's digitisation and digital economy agenda and is a more contemporary service for customers.
The new arrangement means that Service Centres will remain in all ASIC offices as a kiosk-based service for lodging online or dropping off documents to be sent to the ASIC Traralgon office for processing.
In moving to service kiosks we will:
- transition over-the-counter lodgements to online or kiosk 'self-service' channels,
- continue to cater for the lodgement of documents where online lodgement is not feasible,
- support direct mailing of lodgements to our back office in Traralgon, and
- continue to provide a hotline to our customer contact centre for all enquiries.
To inform and support our registry customers we will be hosting forums nationally to provide:
- an overview of ASIC's online services,
- information to help you transition to using our online services,
- information for those who do not wish to use our online services, and
- an opportunity to ask questions.
Please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in attending a forum or if you would like further information.