Authorised representative transactions
All authorised representative updates can be made online
AFS licensees and authorised representatives can notify ASIC of all changes online through ASIC Connect. This includes:
- updating an authorised representative's authorisations
- updating an authorised representative's addresses
- notifying of an authorised representative's business name
- changing an authorised representative's name (due to marriage, name change, etc)
- adding an authorised representative's Australian Business Number (ABN)
- ceasing an authorised representative's appointment
A $29 fee will be charged for every representative being updated or ceased. For example, an authorised representative updating their address details will be charged $29.
If you do not notify us of any changes within 30 business days of the effective date, late fees will apply.
Learn more about Fee arrangements for authorised representatives.
Requesting a correction
AFS licensees and authorised representatives can request a correction to the register if an authorised representative's information is incorrect. Corrections are limited to date/place of birth or typographical errors. You cannot use this transaction to update details like your address or your name; you will need to update this information through ASIC Connect.
Learn more about Requesting correction of a representative's details.