Changing financial adviser details
All financial adviser updates can be made online
AFS licensees and authorised representatives can notify ASIC of all changes online through ASIC Connect. This includes:
- updating a financial adviser's authorisations
- updating a financial adviser's qualifications, training, and professional memberships
- changing a financial adviser's name (due to marriage, name change, etc)
- adding a financial adviser's Australian Business Number (ABN)
- ceasing a financial adviser's appointment
A $30 fee will be charged for every representative being updated or ceased. For example, a financial adviser updating their authorisations and qualifications will be charged $30.
If you do not notify us of any changes within 30 business days of the effective date, late fees will apply.
Learn more about Fee arrangements for financial advisers.
Requesting a correction
AFS licensees and authorised representatives can request a correction to the register if a financial adviser's information is incorrect. Corrections are limited to date/place of birth or typographical errors. You cannot use this transaction to update details like your address or your name; you will need to update this information through ASIC Connect.
Learn more about Requesting correction of a representative's details.