Below are some frequently asked questions about OFFERlist, as well as some general information about the OFFERlist register and how to use it.
- What is OFFERlist?
- What is the exposure period?
- Are all fundraising documents listed on OFFERlist?
- How do I use OFFERlist?
- Where can I get further investment information?
- Important notices
OFFERlist is a database of all disclosure documents for fundraising offers lodged with ASIC under Chapter 6D of the Corporations Act 2001 (the Act) and for some disclosure documents required to be lodged under Part 7.9 of the Act. ASIC provides free internet access to the OFFERlist database to facilitate access to these disclosure documents during the exposure period.
OFFERlist provides the following information about a disclosure document:
- Document number
- Date document was received by ASIC
- Document type and name
- Name and ACN/ARBN/ARSN of issuer
- ASIC office where document was lodged
- The first date upon which investments can be made
- Related documents such as stop orders, supplementary and replacement disclosure documents and notice of extension to exposure period
- How you can obtain a copy of the disclosure document (where this is supplied by the issuer)
The exposure period gives the market and ASIC an opportunity to consider the information in the disclosure document before the issuer can accept applications for subscription or purchase of the securities or the financial product.
A person offering non quoted securities (i.e. not listed on a stock exchange) will not be allowed to accept applications for the issue or transfer of securities until 7 days after lodgement of the disclosure document with ASIC (s 727(3)). When disclosures in the offer document are considered to be deficient the market may bring this to the attention of ASIC for consideration. Alternatively they may take their own action. ASIC may extend the 7 day exposure period to a maximum of 14 days in these circumstances.
Offers of quoted securities will not be subject to any exposure period.
If a product disclosure statement is required to be lodged for a financial product, there is similarly to be no issue or sale of that financial product until seven days after lodgement of the product disclosure statement with ASIC (s1016B). When disclosures in a product disclosure document are considered to be deficient the market may draw these to our attention for consideration. We may extend the 7 day exposure period to a maximum of 14 days in these circumstances.
The following document types which must be lodged with ASIC in accordance with Chapter 6D or Part 7.9 of the Act, will be listed:
- Prospectus (s713) an unabridged document containing the information necessary for investors and their professional advisers to make an informed assessment of an offer of securities
- Short form prospectus (s712) a short prospectus which refers to documents lodged with ASIC where information in these documents form part of the prospectus
- Profile statement a document which provides a key summary of a prospectus
- Offer information statement a document that discloses standard information about an offer seeking to raise $5million or less
- Product disclosure statement (PDS) a disclosure document lodged by a managed investment scheme that is to be traded on a financial market, containing certain information that a person would reasonably require for the purposes of making a decision, as a retail client, whether to acquire the product
OFFERlist only lists fundraising disclosure documents lodged with ASIC after 13 March 2000. This is the date when changes to the fundraising provisions of the Act commenced. Please note that not all disclosure documents are required to be lodged with ASIC.
OFFERlist allows you to search and list offer documents by :
- name of issuer
- date document was lodged with ASIC
- ACN/ARBN/ARSN of issuer
You can narrow your search list by entering specific criteria such as document type or date ranges.
By selecting a particular document, you can view summary information about an offer or a financial product when this has been supplied by the issuer, including information about how you can obtain a copy of the disclosure document.
If you are a regular user of OFFERlist, you can add the OFFERlist page to your favourites/bookmarks using your standard browser features.
To obtain further information about consumer and investment issues, visit our consumer website, MoneySmart: Investing.
Information about this offer
Information on OFFERlist is a summary of some particulars of the offer and is published by ASIC solely to facilitate exposure of the disclosure documents under the Corporations Act 2001. This information is based on ASIC records as well as additional information about the offer which has been supplied by the issuer. ASIC does not assume any responsibility for, or guarantee the accuracy of, this information.
Endorsement of the offer
ASIC's publication of disclosure documents on OFFERlist is not to be taken as endorsement or recommendation by ASIC of any offer or a financial product. ASIC takes no responsibility for the content of any disclosure document published on OFFERlist. You should consider all disclosures made in the relevant disclosure documents and seek and rely on your own professional advice in determining the merits of any offer or financial product.
Public exposure of the offer
Disclosure documents appearing on OFFERlist are subject to public exposure until the end of the relevant exposure period set out in the offer document details. Applications for securities and relevant financial products CANNOT be accepted by the issuer before the end of the relevant exposure period. You should not invest in any offers or relevant financial products before the end of the relevant exposure period. OFFERlist will show the first date upon which investments can be made.
Limitation of ASIC's liability
ASIC is unable to guarantee that the ASIC website will be available at any given time or that it will function or perform as expected or required.
ASIC will not be liable to you or any other person for any loss, damage, costs or expenses of any kind, arising out of or in connection with any delay, omission, default, negligence or error by ASIC in relation to the availability, functionality or performance of OFFERlist.
In no event will ASIC be liable to you or any other person for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, or loss of data or profits, whether or not it was aware of the possibility of such loss or damage.