CP 281 Financial Services Panel
Released 11 April 2017. Comments close 23 May 2017.
This consultation paper seeks feedback on our proposal to establish a panel called the Financial Services Panel (the Panel) to sit alongside our existing administrative processes. The Panel would add a strong element of peer review to a subset of ASIC’s administrative decisions.
The Panel would comprise financial services and credit industry participants and/or non-industry participants with relevant expertise (e.g. lawyers and academics) and at least one ASIC staff member. The Panel would make administrative decisions on certain matters relating to financial services and credit activities.
We are seeking your feedback on how the Panel would enhance the impact of ASIC’s administrative decisions, the matters that would be referred to the Panel, and the optimal composition of the Panel.
- Association of Financial Advisers Limited (PDF 604 KB)
- Association of Securities and Derivatives Advisers of Australia (PDF 5 MB)
- Australian Financial Markets Association (PDF 474 KB)
- Consumer Action Law Centre (PDF 311 KB)
- Finance Brokers Association of Australia (PDF 222 KB)
- Financial Planning Association of Australia (PDF 160 KB)
- Financial Services Council (PDF 201 KB)
- Law Council of Australia (PDF 777 KB)
- Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (PDF 227 KB)
- Rent the Roo Pty Ltd (PDF 611 KB)
- Westpac (PDF 215 KB)