New developments in funds management
- New online service for Passport Funds
- Updated guidance
- Initial consultation on guidance
- Industry briefing
Applying to register as an Australian passport fund or notifying of an intention to offer interests in a fund to investors in Australia are now submitted via the ASIC Regulatory Portal.
The ASIC Regulatory Portal is where our regulated community can access ASIC's increasing suite of digital services.
The new portal features:
- more transactions available online.
- more pre-filled application and transaction data using information you have previously supplied.
- improved tracking of your applications and transactions.
- ability to attach supporting documents with your online application.
Operators will be required to register for an ASIC Regulatory Portal user account as a first step
ASIC is making updates to regulatory guides and information sheets to support the Asia Region Funds Passport regime and will release these amendments over the coming months.
In July 2018, ASIC released a suite of seven new and updated regulatory guides to provide comprehensive guidance to the funds management industry. The guidance was updated for changes arising from the Asia Region Funds Passport and brought all of ASIC's funds management policies up to date to help promote industry-wide consistency.
The amendments that ASIC is continuing to make are to other relevant regulatory guides and information sheets.
Consultation Paper 296 Funds management (CP 296) sought feedback on our proposed guidance in relation to managed investment schemes, corporate collective investment vehicles (CCIVs) and passport funds under the Asia Region Funds Passport, including six draft new and updated regulatory guides.
- Read the media release about the initial consultation
- Download the consultation paper and draft regulatory guides
On 24 November 2017, ASIC hosted a briefing for funds management industry participants. This session covered our proposed new guidance for CCIVs and passport funds, as well as an update on the changes for managed investment schemes.