Guidance for consumers impacted by the Latitude Financial Services data breach
- The Australian Government is aware of a cyber incident impacting Latitude Financial Services.
- If you think you may be affected by the breach, contact Latitude Financial Services on 1300 793 416.
- If you are concerned your identity has been compromised, contact your bank immediately and call IDCARE on 1800 595 160.
On 15 March 2023, Latitude Financial Services (Latitude) reported a cyber incident that resulted in the theft of personal information.
Information of Latitude customers, such as such as name, date of birth, email addresses, driver’s licences and passport numbers, may have been exposed.
Latitude will be making direct contact with affected customers.
Be alert for scams referencing the Latitude data breach. Learn how to protect yourself from scams by visiting the ACCC’s Scamwatch. You can also refer to the ACCC’s fact sheet on protecting yourself from scams after a data breach.
ASIC’s Moneysmart website also has guidance on protecting yourself from identity theft.
The Government is working to minimise the impact of the Latitude cyber incident and ensure that people’s personal information is protected.
- Latitude Cyber Incident (latitudefinancial.com.au)
- Respond to a data breach notification | OAIC
- Identity fraud | OAIC
- Individual Support Services | IDCARE
ASIC is Australia’s corporate, markets and financial services regulator.