If you have a question or require assistance, check our Top call centre questions or contact us through one of the options below.
On this page:
- What information can we provide?
- Top call centre questions
- How to contact us
- Make a complaint or report an issue
- External interpreter services
- Useful links
What information can we provide?
We can provide:
- Information to persons who are authorised to act on behalf of the entity for which they are calling. If you are not authorised, we can only provide general information and no specific entity information will be disclosed.
- Information to assist you in meeting your obligations under the law without considering your personal circumstances.
We cannot provide:
- Legal advice. In most cases you will need a qualified professional adviser to take your particular circumstances into account and tell your how the law applies to you.
- Financial advice. See Moneysmart for guidance.
- Advice on specific companies or investments. See FAQ Is this investment or company legitimate? for research tips.
Top call centre questions
If you are contacting us for the following reasons, check our Top call centre questions first, as your question may be answered immediately.
Top call centre question categories:
- Business names
- Payments and fees
- Investment scams
- Queries not handled by ASIC (e.g. ABN, applying for Director ID)
How to contact us
Submit a general enquiry online
This online inquiry form is for general enquiries only. To make a complaint see Make a complaint or report an issue below.
IMPORTANT: Avoid long response times by first checking the following:
We aim to respond to your inquiry within 5 business days.
IMPORTANT: Avoid long wait times on the phone by first checking:
The Customer Contact Centre's (CCC) business hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (local time) in each state and territory. The CCC closes for business on national public holidays and has limited services available on public holidays for each state and territory.
Customer Contact Centre:
- 1300 300 630: within Australia
- + 61 3 5177 5407: outside Australia
Write to us
Write to us using the following general business address or the address printed on your letter.
Australian Securities and Investments Commission
GPO Box 9827
Brisbane QLD 4001
Media inquiries (Journalists only)
For media inquiries only: Journalists can visit our Contact ASIC Media Unit page or visit the News centre.
For general inquiries: See alternative contact options above (online inquiry, call us, write to us).
Follow us on social media
Connect with us through the social media platforms below.
ASIC also uses social media platforms, such as Telegram, to directly engage with people who may be involved in market manipulation activities, with the aim to disrupt those activities.
Follow us on Twitter
Watch us on YouTube
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow us on LinkedIn
Listen to our podcast
Make a complaint or report an issue
Complaints about companies, organisations or people
ASIC manages laws that relate to companies, financial markets and financial services in Australia. We may take action on reports that a company or individual has not complied with these laws.
To help you decide whether to lodge a report of misconduct with ASIC or direct you to another agency who can best assist you, see Complaints about companies, organisations or people.
Complaints about ASIC
- Requests to review late fees cannot be assessed through this complaint's avenue.
- Read the Top call centre question for steps on how to apply for a fee waiver.
- To complain or provide feedback about Director ID application, visit the ABRS website.
ASIC values your right to complain, and we are committed to treating complaints seriously, dealing with them quickly, and using the information to improve our policies, systems and services.
See Complaints about ASIC for more information.
Report a scam and be alert to other financial services scams
Have you received an email claiming to be from ASIC and are unsure of its authenticity? Be alert to financial services scams.
Visit our Scams page for information on scammers targeting ASIC’s customers and how to notify ASIC.
Other useful pages:
- Find out more about private service providers, including what they can and can't do.
- See FAQ Is this investment or company legitimate? for research tips.
Report a technical or accessibility issue
Do you want to report a technical or content issue, such as forms not working or broken links on either ASIC Connect or the ASIC website?
Refer to Report technical issues for more information.
Do you use assistive technologies and want to report difficulties accessing or viewing information on our websites? Or maybe you have suggestions for accessibility enhancements?
Refer to our Accessibility page for more information.
External interpreter services
Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS)
If you need an interpreter, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450. They will call ASIC for you. They provide interpreting in more than 160 languages.
See further information on our Translation of documents page.
National Relay Service (NRS)
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can phone ASIC through the National Relay Service website. See further information on our Translation of documents page.