Directors as gatekeepers
Directors and company officers play an important role in maintaining the integrity of the financial markets. This section discusses ASIC's expectations of directors in this role generally and in specific situations such as insolvency and making the transition to being a listed company.
- The importance of corporate culture - Greg Medcraft, Chairman, April 2017, speech to the AHRI Senior HR Directors Forum Luncheon, Sydney
- What good looks like - John Price, Commissioner, April 2017, speech to the Governance Institute of Australia - Essential Legal and Regulatory Update, Sydney
- Directors' involvement in IPO due diligence - John Price, Commissioner, August 2016, video interview given to the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- What ASIC expects of directors - Greg Medcraft, Chairman, June 2014, Speech to the Australian Institute of Company Directors Lunch
- Monitoring the activities of companies in Australia - John Price, Commissioner, November 2014, Speech to the Asia-Pacific Resources Conference