If you have a question or require assistance, check our Top call centre questions or contact us through one of the options below.
On this page:
- What information can we provide?
- Top call centre questions
- How to contact us
- Make a complaint or report an issue
- External interpreter services
- Useful links
ASIC offices will be closed from Friday 22 December 2023 12:00 PM to Monday 1 January 2024, re-opening on Tuesday 2 January 2024 8:30 AM AEDT.
See Christmas closedown for further information.
We can provide:
- Information to persons who are authorised to act on behalf of the entity for which they are calling. If you are not authorised, we can only provide general information and no specific entity information will be disclosed.
- Information to assist you in meeting your obligations under the law without considering your personal circumstances.
We cannot provide:
- Legal advice. In most cases you will need a qualified professional adviser to take your particular circumstances into account and tell your how the law applies to you.
- Financial advice. See Moneysmart for guidance.
- Advice on specific companies or investments. See FAQ Is this investment or company legitimate? for research tips.
If you are contacting us for the following reasons, check our Top call centre questions first, as your question may be answered immediately.
Top call centre question categories:
This online inquiry form is for general enquiries only. To make a complaint see Make a complaint or report an issue below.
IMPORTANT: Avoid long response times by first checking the following:
This online channel will provide you with a reference number for tracking and automatic triaging to the correct contact customer service officer. We aim to respond to your inquiry within 5 business days.
IMPORTANT: Avoid long wait times on the phone by first checking:
The Customer Contact Centre's (CCC) business hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (local time) in each state and territory. The CCC closes for business on national public holidays and has limited services available on public holidays for each state and territory.
Customer Contact Centre:
Write to us using the following general business address or the address printed on your letter.
Australian Securities and Investments Commission
GPO Box 9827
Melbourne VIC QLD 3001
For ASIC's Moneysmart media inquiries: Journalists can visit Moneysmart's media centre.
Connect with us through the social media platforms below.
ASIC also uses social media platforms, such as Telegram, to directly engage with people who may be involved in market manipulation activities, with the aim to disrupt those activities.
Complaints about ASIC
ASIC values your right to complain, and we are committed to treating complaints seriously, dealing with them quickly, and using the information to improve our policies, systems and services.
See Complaints about ASIC for more information.
Report misconduct to ASIC
ASIC manages laws that relate to companies, financial markets, credit and financial services in Australia. ASIC welcomes reports or tip offs that a company or individual has not complied with these laws.
To help you decide whether to lodge a report of misconduct with ASIC or direct you to another agency who can best assist you, see Reporting Misconduct to ASIC.
Have you received an email claiming to be from ASIC and are unsure of its authenticity? Be alert to financial services scams.
Visit our Scams page for information on scammers targeting ASIC’s customers and how to notify ASIC.
Other useful pages:
- Find out more about private service providers, including what they can and can't do.
- See FAQ Is this investment or company legitimate? for research tips.
Do you want to report a technical or content issue, such as forms not working or broken links on either ASIC Connect or the ASIC website?
Refer to Report technical issues for more information.
Do you use assistive technologies and want to report difficulties accessing or viewing information on our websites? Or maybe you have suggestions for accessibility enhancements?
Refer to our Accessibility page for more information.
Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS)
If you need an interpreter, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and they will call ASIC for you. Alternatively, visit the TIS website. They provide interpreting in more than 150 languages.
See further information on our Translation of documents page.