Copyright and linking to our websites
The copyright to all material that ASIC publishes, either online or offline, is owned by ASIC, unless otherwise indicated.
This page contains:
- What you may reproduce without ASIC's permission
- What you may reproduce with ASIC's permission
- What you must not reproduce
- Linking to ASIC websites: conditions
Except for the ASIC logo and the Commonwealth Coat of Arms and where otherwise expressly provided for in a specific notice, publishers and other people may reproduce verbatim, content from 10 classes of documents, consistent with the below requirement, under a Creative Commons (CC) BY Attribution 4.0 International licence, without asking for further permission from ASIC:
- Regulatory guides (documents may be updated and reissued with the same document number)
- Information sheets (documents may be updated and reissued with the same document number)
- Consultation papers
- Media releases and other Newsroom information
- Legislative instruments (including class orders, rules, orders and determinations)
- Pro forma documents
- ASIC forms, without our logo
- ASIC annual reports
- Short selling position reporting data
You can reproduce the above documents in hard copy and/or electronic format, for sale or for free.
You must acknowledge ownership of the content, e.g. '© Australian Securities & Investments Commission: Reproduced with permission.'
You must obtain permission from ASIC before you reproduce any other online or offline content, apart from the 10 classes of document listed above.
Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must not copy any information or files from our "Unclaimed Money" pages except for your own personal, private use. You may, however, insert links to our pages from your own website if you observe our conditions (below).
- You must not copy some sections of our ASIC Digest, for example,
- executive summaries
- lists of instruments
- registered schemes
- lists of takeovers,
- prospectuses and trust deeds.
- If you are sourcing materials from the ASIC Digest or other ASIC-Thomson Reuters publications/products, you must not infringe our publisher's intellectual property, designs (e.g. page layouts) and concepts, which are copyright to Thomson Reuters. For example, Thomson Reuters owns the indexes, not ASIC, so you must seek their express permission before reproducing them.
- You must not use our design, formatting etc.
- You must never reproduce our ASIC logo or other ASIC graphics without express approval from ASIC.
- Links must be presented in a way which fairly represents our role and our site(s). They must not embarrass ASIC.
- The context in which you insert the link must not give visitors to your website the impression that your site, or your company, is sponsored or endorsed by ASIC.
- The context of the link must not suggest that we have created any of your content (i.e. the source of the material on your website must be clear).
- Links must open in a new window and not in the navigation of your website.
- You must never reproduce our logo without express approval from ASIC.