Changes to your company
Here we explain the updates you can make to your company details online.
We've also included useful links to make other changes to your company.
For information on how to wind up your company, see Closing your company.
- Changes must be made online
- Common changes to company details
- How long do I have to make changes to company details
- Other company changes
The paper form 484 is no longer available. Changes to company details must be made online.
You need to register to use our online services before you can make any changes. There's no fee to change your company details online.
Once we've received your changes, your details will be updated within two business days.
To make changes to company details:
- Register for online access using your company's corporate key
- Log in to our online services with your company's ACN or ABN
- Enter your username and password
- Select 'Start new form' and select 'Change to company details'
All correspondence is sent to you electronically once you've registered for online services. You will receive an email alert when the correspondence is available. This includes your company annual statement.
The Changes to company details (previously Form 484) online transaction can be used for the following:
- Change company addresses
- Appoint and cease company officeholders
- Add or remove ultimate holding company
- Change share structure
- Transferring shares
- Appoint or cease members
Help changing company details
If you are having trouble making changes to your company details, see our user guides for step-by-step instructions.
You need to submit a Changes to company details (previously Form 484) transaction within 28 days of the change occurring. Otherwise, late fees apply:
- $78 for up to one month late
- $323 for over one month late
Other company changes you can make include:
- Company name
- Company type
- Company financial year
- Officeholder details
- Company resolutions
- Shareholder details
Changes to company details can be submitted through our online services. Please ensure you register for online access and make all changes in the time allowed.