- From 31 July 2023, new transactions have been added to the ASIC Regulatory Portal.
- The new submission method features smart forms that help you to ensure the information required by ASIC is provided upfront.
- You will need to register for portal access should you need to submit the new transactions.
From 31 July 2023, the following new transactions were added to the ASIC Regulatory Portal:
- Apply for ASIC consent to resign as an auditor of a public company (Legacy Form 342)
- Apply for early destruction of books (Legacy Form 574)
- Submit notification to rely on ASIC Corporations (Business Introduction Services) Instrument 2022/805
- Notify ASIC or apply to ASIC about company auditor appointments.
Featuring smart forms with mandatory fields and questions, submission of these transactions via the ASIC Regulatory Portal will make it easier for you to ensure the information required by ASIC is provided upfront.
All relevant webpages and regulatory guides on ASIC’s website have been updated to align with this new lodgement channel for these transactions.
- Regulatory Guide 26 Resignation, removal and replacement of auditors (RG 26) – which relates to the Apply for consent from ASIC to resign as an auditor of a public company transaction
- Regulatory Guide 129 Business introduction or matching services (RG 129) – which relates to the Submit notification to rely on ASIC Corporations (Business Introduction Services) Instrument 2022/805 transaction
- Regulatory Guide 81 External administration: Early Destruction of books (RG 81) – which relates to the Apply for early destruction of books transaction.
If you are currently not using the ASIC Regulatory Portal to lodge other transactions, you will need to register for portal access. Once you’ve registered and logged in, you can act for yourself or connect to other entities and act on their behalf.
Visit the frequently asked questions section in our Regulatory Portal for step-by-step user guides to assist you to lodge your transactions.
ASIC is Australia’s corporate, markets and financial services regulator.