Understanding and adapting to the regulatory environment: An IOSCO perspective
A speech by Greg Medcraft, Chairman, Australian Securities and Investments Commission to the Australian Securitisation Forum Annual Conference, 11 November 2014
I’ve been invited to speak to you today as Chairman of the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO).
In that capacity, I want to discuss three main topics:
- IOSCO and its role in financial regulation
- IOSCO’s work on securitisation since the global financial crisis – here I will focus on the reports we released in 2009 and 2012, and
- IOSCO’s current work with the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (Basel Committee). Here I’d like to provide:
- background on why we are working with the Basel Committee on securitisation, and
- details on an upcoming consultation paper we are releasing to help improve investor trust and confidence in securitisation transactions.