Employment: wages and conditions

If the company that employed you is not in liquidation, you can lodge a request to ASIC to wind up an abandoned company through our report of misconduct form (see link below). To find out in what circumstances ASIC will wind up an abandoned company see ASIC’s powers to wind up abandoned companies (RG 242).

In your request you should provide the following information:

  • your name, daytime contact number and your email address
  • the period (including dates) you were employed by the company and your position
  • how much you believe you are owed in employee entitlements
  • why you believe the company is abandoned.

For more information see GEERS or the FEG.

Where ASIC can help


New regime for corporate whistleblower protections commences

From 1 July, whistleblowers who report misconduct about companies and company officers can access stronger rights and protections. 19-164MR. 1 July 2019

Whistleblower protections for not-for-profit organisations, 29 May 2019

ASIC welcomes new whistleblowing laws

Media Release 19-038MR. 21 February 2019

Whistleblowing - new rules, new policies, new vision

A speech by ASIC Commissioner John Price, 16 November 2018

ASIC and whistleblowers

Asic Whistleblower Thmb

Warren Day, Senior Executive Leader, Assessment and Intelligence talks about ASIC's role in relation to whisteblowers.

Read the transcript

Fair Work Ombudsman

You can contact the Fair Work Ombudsman if you would like to report someone who isn't complying with workplace laws or you need help in resolving a workplace issue.

Last updated: 23/03/2016 03:05