Market infrastructure licensees
ASIC is committed to market integrity and a fair, orderly and transparent market.
ASIC is responsible for the supervision of operators of financial markets, clearing and settlement (CS) facilities, derivative trade repositories (DTRs) and market participants.
As part of our role, we:
- advise the Minister on applications for new market, CS facility and DTR licences and changes to licensees' operating rules
- make market integrity rules and supervise compliance with these rules, and
- supervise trading on Australia's domestic licensed markets.
These responsibilities supplement our other responsibilities for enforcing laws against misconduct on Australia's financial markets and supervising Australian financial services (AFS) licensees.
- Licensed and exempt markets operating in Australia
- Licensed and exempt CS facilities operating in Australia
- Licensed derivative trade repositories operating in Australia
- Market integrity rules
- Market supervision
- Market assessment reports
More in this section
- Market operators: Applying for and complying with your obligations under an Australian market licence or exemption
- CS facility operators: Applying for and complying with your obligations under an Australian CS facility licence
- DTR operators: Applying for and complying with your obligations under an Australian DTR licence