Updating your details and submitting requests to ASIC
You can change your registration details through ASIC Connect or email other requests to us by completing the relevant transaction.
After we have confirmed your registration as an approved SMSF auditor, you will receive an ASIC key for ASIC Connect.
You must use ASIC Connect to update your registration details (for example, the name or address of your principal place of practice). You must tell us of changes to your details within 21 days after the change. No fee is payable for updating your details.
You can also use ASIC Connect to:
- request a correction to registry details
- respond to a request for additional information using 'Tell ASIC’
- request a review of an ASIC decision, or
- apply for an extension of time to lodge an annual statement.
You may authorise another person to use your ASIC key to link your SMSF auditor registration to their ASIC Connect account. The authorised person can then submit transactions on your behalf.
How to use ASIC Connect
To update your details or make other SMSF notifications:
- Log into ASIC Connect by clicking on the ‘Log in’ button. (You should have already created an ASIC Connect account as part of your SMSF auditor registration application.) Forgotten your ASIC Connect password? Reset it now.
- Use your ASIC key to link your SMSF registration to your account (if you didn’t link your account when you first registered). Need more help linking your SMSF auditor registration? See our user guides.
- From the 'Lodgements & Notifications' tab, select your SMSF auditor registration and then select the relevant transaction.
See our user guides if you want help using ASIC Connect to update your details.
You can submit a transaction to make other changes - see 'Related information' below.
At any time, you can complete a transaction asking us to:
- update the capacity in which you practise as an SMSF auditor, or
- cancel your registration.
You will need to fill in the relevant transaction and email it to us at SMSFauditor.email@example.com. Please include your full name and the nature of the transaction in the subject line of your email.
Variation of registration
You can also complete a transaction asking us to vary or revoke a condition of your registration.
You will need to fill in the relevant transaction and email it to us at SMSFauditor.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and the nature of the transaction in the subject line of your email.
Download the relevant transaction
- SMSF auditor—update capacity [Word]
- SMSF auditor—apply to vary registration condition [Word]
- Cancel the registration of an SMSF auditor [Word]
- Change your registration details through ASIC Connect
- ASIC Connect support for SMSF auditors
- Lodging your annual statement
- Regulatory resources for SMSF auditors
We are always looking to improve our information for SMSF auditors so we would like to know what's important to you. Please leave us some feedback.