Superannuation and insurance
ASIC receives reports about:
- offers to access your superannuation early
- the conduct and disclosure obligations of superannuation trustees (but not SMSF trustees)
- delivery of deposit products
- delivery of non-cash payments
- delivery of life or general insurance.
For concerns about the financial soundness of superannuation funds and insurance funds contact the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
For concerns about life insurance, read Disputes about life insurance (INFO 218).
If you receive an offer to access your superannuation early, you may also want to contact the Australian Taxation Office, which can help you identify illegal schemes.