Highlighting problem addresses on companies register
To ensure the accuracy of company information on the company register,we highlight problem addresses.
The following messages will be placed before the address:
INFORMATION RECEIVED ADDRESS MAY BE INVALID DD/MM/YYYY
– when we have been notified an address may be incorrect.
ASIC MAIL RETURNED DD/MM/YYYY
– when mail sent has been returned to us.
The following types of addresses will be highlighted:
- registered office
- principal place of business
- contact address nominated on a Notification to nominate, change or cease a contact address for a company (Form 486)
- residential address of officeholders
Where the contact address is the address of the registered agent of the company we will not be highlighting any problems with the address. We intend on contacting the agent directly to advise of the problem.
Where an officeholder's address is highlighted, this will appear across all roles that the person holds in any company.
The highlighted problem addresses will be seen on:
- annual statements
- company and personal name searches (both current and historical)
- roles and relationships searches
- data downloads (both online and via EDGE)
- ad hoc company statements
- invoices and notices
Here are some examples from a company statement:
1 Registered office
'ASIC MAIL RETURNED 09 / 09 / 2008' 18 **PETERKIN STREET TRARALGON VIC 3844
Name: RODGER JAMES AISBETT
Born: TRARALGON VIC
Date of birth: 01/05/1971
Address: 'ASIC MAIL RETURNED 09/09/2008' 273 **CHURCHILL AVENUE SANDY BAY TAS 7005
Office(s) held: SECRETARY, APPOINTED 10/09/2008
What must I do?
Companies must keep their addresses up to date with us. If you see an address highlighted for your company or any companies you represent, please ensure the address is updated using a:
- Change to company details (Form 484 - online) or
- Notification to nominate, change or cease a contact address for a company (Form 486).