Request suppression of business name register details
If your business name details contain sensitive information, it's possible to ask us to suppress the details so they're hidden on our public register.
We will only suppress details if:
- publishing the information would substantiate a risk to your personal safety or the safety of anyone associated with the business, or
- exceptional circumstances exist that would support your request to suppress the details.
You can provide any evidence to support your request. Examples of evidence include:
- a letter from the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) that the holder has 'silent elector' status
- a court order, or
- a police report.
Legally, there is some information that we cannot suppress for any reason. This includes:
- the business name
- registration date
- registration status of the business name
- the current service of documents address
Step 1 - Download the form
Download the Request suppression of business name register details (241KB) paper form.
Step 2 - Complete the form
Complete the form, including what information you want suppressed and any supporting evidence.
Step 3 - Send the form to us
You can email the form to email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can mail it to:
Australian Securities & Investments Commission
PO Box 4000
Gippsland Mail Centre
Once received, we'll assess your request and let you know if we have any questions.