Journalists are exempt from paying certain registry search fees.
Journalists may qualify for an exemption where they seek access to information for their professional work.
Search via the ASIC Journalist Portal now
Amendments to the fees chargeable for ASIC searches under regulations means that journalists can access some information for free. However, the fee exemptions do not apply to all search information.
What products are available?
Approved journalists have access to a range of search products across ASIC's registers.
The journalist search exemption is an extension of the current media exemption.
More information about what search products are available.
How do I apply for journalist search access?
A journalist is a person who:
- works in a professional capacity for media organisations,
- is a freelance who regularly sells stories to media organisations, or
- publishes stories on a commercial basis.
You can apply by completing and emailing an application for journalist search access.
More information about applying.
- Support for journalist search
- ASIC journalist portal terms and conditions
- For more information about the legislative changes, visit the Treasury website.