Search business name index
Download the full user guide (including screenshots) in PDF (578 KB)
ASIC Connect Search is the online system used to search ASIC's register.
ASIC's business name index can be searched directly from ASIC Connect.
The more criteria you enter about the search you want to conduct, the more relevant the results will be.
Further assistance with using ASIC Connect can be accessed via the Help button at the top right-hand side of the screen.
Start your business name search
To get started, visit the ASIC website at www.asic.gov.au.
- Click on 'Business names'. This will take you to ASIC Connect Search.
Select the 'Search business names register' tab.
- Select 'Business names index' from the drop-down box.
- Enter the business name or number.
- Select 'Go' to view results.
This screen shows basic information about each business name.
- Select the business name to view more information. You can also select more than one business name by ticking the boxes and selecting 'View Details'.
- Select 'View results list' to print the results in PDF.
- Select 'New Search' to start another search.
More information about the business name selected will be displayed.
The page gives a summary of the business name details. Under information for purchase, there is a list of available products.
- Select the product you would like to purchase.
- Select 'Add To Cart'.
- Select 'OK' when the confirmation box appears.
- Select 'Checkout'.
The shopping cart shows all products selected for purchase.
- To remove products from the cart, tick the relevant box and select 'Remove'.
- To purchase products in the cart, select 'Pay Now'.
Enter your email address. We use this to send a link to your receipt and purchased products.
- Enter your credit card details in the fields provided.
- Select 'Next'.
This screen confirms your purchase was successful.
- Select 'View & Print Payment Receipt' to open your receipt (PDF).
- Your product and receipt will be sent to your email address. You can collect the payment receipt and product online by selecting 'Online Retrieval Status'.
- Select 'New Search' to search another business name.