Liquidators can lodge all external administration documents online through our online services using either the registered liquidator portal or the ASIC Regulatory Portal.
ASIC Regulatory Portal
Effective 30 March 2020, registered liquidators are required to lodge statutory reports prepared under sections 422, 438D and 533 of the Corporations Act 2001 via the ASIC Regulatory Portal.
There are also new transactions on the Regulatory Portal enabling registered liquidators to request ASIC's assistance in an external administration to obtain the company books and records, and to provide notice they do not intend to supply a supplementary report.
All registered liquidators should have registered on the ASIC Regulatory Portal as part of their annual industry funding obligations.
More information about this change is on our website.
Registered liquidator portal
Other external administration and maintenance forms (outlined further bellow) remain in the registered liquidator portal. To use the registered liquidator portal you will need to register for online access and create an account.
Log in to the liquidators portal Register for online access
Steps to register for online access
When registering for online access, you'll need to:
1. Agree to the Electronic Lodgement Protocol and select the type of account you want to create
Before creating an account, you'll need to agree to ASIC's Electronic Lodgement Protocol.
You then select registered liquidator
You must create a new account for each role you hold. For example, if you are a company officeholder and a liquidator, you need to create two accounts.
2. Enter your unique ASIC number
You'll need to provide your unique ASIC number. This is your registered liquidator number.
Once all details have been entered, select 'Next'.
3. Select a username and password for your account
Select a username and password that will be used to log in to your account. We recommend selecting something easy to remember for your username.
Your password must :
- be at least eight characters and at most sixteen characters and
- contain one lowercase letter (a-z), one uppercase letter (A-Z), and one number (0-9).
4. Select a security question and answer
You will also need to provide a security question and answer. If you forget your username or password, we'll ask your security question. Make sure you select something that you can remember.
If you can't answer your security question, you'll have to create another online account.
Once you've entered all details, select 'Next'.
5. Verify your new username and password
A pop-up box will appear and ask you to verify your details. Enter your newly created username and password and select 'OK'.
6. Provide your contact details
You will then be asked to provide a contact email address and telephone number. ASIC will send all letters and correspondence (like your annual statement) to your online inbox.
Once you've entered all details, select 'Next'.
7. Complete declaration and submit application
Answer the declaration and select 'Submit' to complete your application.
You'll then see a screen confirming your request has been submitted.
To activate your account, you will need to print and sign the Participation Agreement and email it to email@example.com. ASIC will contact you within two business days to confirm that your account has been activated.
Steps to log in
When logging in to the registered liquidator portal, you'll need to follow these steps:
1. Enter your registered liquidator number
You will need to enter your registered liquidator number before you can access your account.
2. Enter your account's username and password
A pop-up box will be displayed. Enter your username and password, using the same details you provided when registering your account.
If you forget your details, select 'Forgotten username' or 'Forgotten password' in the left hand column and reset your details.
Select 'OK' once you've entered your details.
3. View your account details
Once logged in, you will see your 'Inbox' and any available messages for your licence.
You can also start a new form, continue a saved form, or view other forms you submitted (submitted forms are only available for 90 days).
What forms can be lodged electronically?
The following forms can be lodged using the registered liquidator portal:
Important notice: from 30 March 2020, registered liquidators will need to submit forms EX01, EX02 and EX03 via the ASIC Regulatory Portal. Visit our information page for more detail about this change.
External administration forms
- EX01 Notification of information requested in Schedule B to Practice Note 50 pursuant to reports under s422, s438D or s533 of the Corporations Act 2001
- EX02 Assetless administration funding request (s206F - Director banning)
- EX03 Assetless administration funding request (matters other than Section 206F - Director banning)
- 505 Notification of appointment or cessation as an external administrator
- 506 Notification of change of address of external administrator
- 507 Report as to affairs
- 509D Notice of special resolution to wind up company
- 509F Notice of failure to execute deed of company arrangement
- 509G Notice of termination of deed of company arrangement
- 511 Statement verifying report under s430(1) or 475(2)
- 520 Declaration of solvency
- 522 Notification of meeting of creditors to consider appointing a new liquidator
- 523 Notification of final meeting convened by liquidator
- 524 Presentation of accounts and statement
- 525 Notice of disclaimer of onerous property
- 529 Notice of meeting
- 540 Statement in writing of posting of notices of appointment to settle list or supplementary list of contributories
- 545 Statement in writing of giving notice to persons placed on the list or supplementary list of contributories
- 555 Notice of controller extending time to submit report as to affairs
- 562 Notice of liquidator extending time to submit report as to affairs\
- 564 Schedule A to Practice Note 50 - reports lodged under s476 of the Corporations Act 2001
- 578 Deregistration request (liquidator not acting or affairs fully wound up)
- 905A Notification of change to details of a liquidator
- 908 Annual statement by a liquidator
- 1500 Annual report to creditors
- 1501 Notification of details of pooling determination or order
- 1502 Notification of variation to details of pooling determination or order
- 5011 Copy of minutes of meeting
- 5047 Copy of deed of company arrangement
- 5053 Notice that administration of a company has ended
- 5056 Notice that deed wholly effectuated
- 106 Request to withdraw a lodged document
- 205 Notification of resolution\
- 484 Change to company details
- 492 Request for correction