ASIC-initiated cancellation of an agents' registration
Registered agents have a number of responsibilities and obligations under the ASIC Registered Agent Terms and Conditions.
When we may cancel your agent registration
We may cancel your registration as an ASIC registered agent if you no longer meet eligibility criteria or fail to meet your registered agent obligations. The reasons for cancellation include:
- you have breached any of the terms and conditions
- you haven't lodged any documents with us for more than 12 months
- you have entered into an insolvency 'event'
- you have provided us with inaccurate or misleading information, or
- you have caused adverse impacts to our systems or processes.
The ASIC Registered Agent Terms and Conditions contains more information about cancellation by ASIC of registration as an ASIC registered agent.
What happens if my agent registration is cancelled?
If your registration is cancelled, we will immediately cease your access to our registered agent online services. We will also contact all companies that you act for and advise them that your registration has been cancelled.