Companies and organisations
Anyone who sells you a financial or investment product or gives you financial advice must have an Australian financial services (AFS) licence. Make sure the person or company you are dealing with is licensed.
For details on companies and organisations, use our 'Organisations and business names' search.
- What information is available using the 'Organisations and business names' search?
- Purchasing an extract
- What details are available?
- Significant global entities
This search provides information about companies and organisations recorded on our registers.
The types of organisations you can search for includes:
- registered bodies
- foreign companies
- managed investment schemes
- non-registered entities.
When you search for a company or organisation on our register, you can also purchase an extract that has current and/or historical information about the organisation. This can include:
- past addresses,
- previous directors, or
- former names.
For more information about purchasing an extract and what information is available, visit 'Search fees'.
The information will change depending on the company or organisation you are searching for. The information we provide for free includes:
- company or organisation name
- unique identification number (ABN, ACN, ARBN, ARSN). Company and business name search summaries with ABNs link to the Australian Business Register.
- type of company or organisation
- registration date
- next review date
- location of registered office
- any professional licences or registrations (e.g. an Australian financial services licence or credit licence).
Full details on the information available is on ASIC Connect.
Significant Global Entities (SGEs) are companies that are required by law to lodge general purpose financial statements with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
For information about general purpose financial statements or SGEs, please contact SGE@ato.gov.au.
The statements will be passed on by the ATO to ASIC and then available for purchase from ASIC's 'Companies and Organisations' register. More information about ASIC's search services is available here.
General purpose financial statements will show on our register as the document type 'SGEF'. This can be found within the list of recently lodged documents, as shown below.