Banned and disqualified person search
ASIC's registers can be searched directly from the ASIC website.
The more criteria you enter about the search you want to conduct, the more relevant the results will be.
Assistance with using the search facility and purchasing search items can be accessed via the help function.
Start your search
To get started, visit the ASIC website at www.asic.gov.au.
- Click on 'Companies and organisations'. This will take you to ASIC Connect Search.
In the search field, select 'Banned & Disqualified'.
- Enter the family name and given name of the person.
(Both fields need completing, however you may enter an initial if you are unsure of exact name).
- Click 'Go' to view the results.
Up to 20 results are listed per page.
- The results show basic information about each person.
- To view more information about a person either click on the name, or tick the box next to the name (you may select more than one person at a time) and click on 'View Details' at the bottom of the page.
- To view or print the results list in PDF format click on 'View Results List'.
This screen displays further information about a particular result.
- The page shows information that is available for purchase.
- To purchase information products:
- Select one or more products (if available).
- Click on 'Add To Cart'. Click 'OK' when confirmation box appears.
- Click 'Checkout'.
- To access the shopping cart click on 'View Cart' in the orange box at the top right of the screen.
This screen will confirm all the products that were selected and give the option to remove any, prior to purchasing.
- To remove a product or products from the cart, tick the relevant box and click 'Remove'.
- To purchase products in the cart, click on 'Pay Now'.
Enter an email address for the delivery of the purchased products and the payment receipt. You will need to confirm the email address by entering it twice.
- Enter credit card details to make the payment.
- Click on 'Next'.
- The next screen will confirm payment or highlight any problems with the transaction.
This screen confirms the purchase of products.
- Click 'View & Print Payment Receipt' to open your receipt in PDF form.
- Your product and receipt will be sent to your email address for you to view, save and print. Alternatively you can collect the payment receipt and product online by selecting 'Online Retrieval Status'.