CP 207 Charitable investment fundraisers
Released 20 May 2013. Comments closed 15 July 2013.
This consultation paper seeks feedback on the following two options for amending exemptions currently available to charitable investment fundraisers under Regulatory Guide 87 Charities (RG 87):
- a proposal to remove all existing exemptions for new investment fundraising, except exemptions from the Australian financial services (AFS) licensing requirements of the Corporations Act 2001 (Corporations Act) for fundraisers that only raise investment funds from associated entities (Option 1); and
- a proposal to retain existing exemptions (with some modification) for new investment fundraising but on the basis that they are only available if existing conditions and a number of new conditions are satisfied (Option 2).
This paper seeks feedback from charities, holders of investments offered by charities and other interested stakeholders on our proposals.
First consultation (2013)
- Anglican Church of Australia - Diocesan Financial Advisory Group
- Anglican Diocese of Melbourne - Melbourne Anglican Trust Corporation
- Australian Catholic Bishops Conference
- Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney
- Governance Institute of Australia (then called Chartered Secretaries Australia)
- Independent Schools Queensland
- Missions Interlink
- UCA Funds Management
- UC Invest
- Uniting Church in Australia Investment Fund (WA)