CP 236 Remaking ASIC class orders on dematerialised securities and CHESS units of foreign securities
Released 24 August 2015. Comments due 21 September 2015.
This consultation paper sets out ASIC’s proposals to remake two class
orders into ASIC instruments. Under the Legislative Instruments Act 2003, these class orders will expire (‘sunset’) if not remade.
We are seeking feedback from stakeholders on our proposals to remake, without significant changes, the following class orders:
- Class Order [CO 02/281] Dematerialised securities traded on Austraclear, which is due to expire on 1 April 2017; and
- Class Order [CO 02/312] Part 7.11, Division 4 financial products for ASTC, which is due to expire on 1 April 2017.
We are also seeking feedback on our proposal to repeal:
- Class Order [CO 00/2449] ASX Online—relief from paper form lodgement, which is due to expire on 1 October 2016; and
- Class Order [CO 02/1296] ASX managed investment warrants—FSR Act transition, which is due to expire on 1 April 2017.
- Attachment 1 to CP 236 - Draft ASIC Corporations (Dematerialised Securities: Austraclear) Instrument 2015/XX (PDF 94 KB)
- Attachment 2 to CP 236 - Draft ASIC Corporations (Division 4 Financial Products) Instrument 2015/XX (PDF 98 KB)