CP 282 Remaking ASIC class orders on financial counselling licensing relief
Released 17 May 2017. Comments close 15 June 2017.
This consultation paper sets out ASIC’s proposals to remake three ASIC instruments on financial counselling licensing relief. Under the Legislation Act 2003, these instruments will expire ('sunset') if not remade.
We are seeking feedback from community sector service providers—in particular, financial counselling agencies and rural financial counselling service providers—on our proposals to:
- remake, without significant changes, Class Order [CO 03/1063] Licensing relief for financial counselling agencies, which sunsets on 1 October 2017; and
- remake as a single new instrument, without significant changes, Class Order [CO 11/926] Credit licensing exemptions for NGOs (non-government organisations) providing credit assistance to consumers, which sunsets on 1 April 2022, and ASIC Credit (Financial Counselling Agencies) Instrument 2015/992, which sunsets on 1 April 2026.
- Consultation Paper 282 (PDF 270 KB)
- Attachment 1 to CP 282 (PDF 113 KB)
- Attachment 2 to CP 282 (PDF 113 KB)