CP 343 Crypto-assets as underlying assets for ETPs and other investment products
Released 30 June 2021. Comments close 27 July 2021.
This consultation paper is about how exchange traded products (ETPs) that invest in, or provide exposure to, crypto-assets can meet existing regulatory expectations for ETPs. The paper sets out our proposals on good practice for market operators and product issuers so that these products can be facilitated in a way that maintains Australia’s fair, orderly and transparent markets.
It also sets out our proposals on good practice that apply to other investment products that could provide retail investors with exposure to crypto-assets so that similar financial products are subject to similar good practice expectations. These other investment products are listed investment companies, listed investment trusts and unlisted registered managed investment schemes.
- Mr Michael Tilley
- Stockbrokers and Financial Advisers Association (SAFAA)
- Independent Reserve Pty Ltd
- Cosmos Asset Management Pty Ltd
- VanEck Investments Limited
- Blockchain Assets Pty Ltd
- CF Benchmarks Limited
- Ernst & Young Australia
- Brave New Coin Ltd.
- Mr John Lawry
- Distributed Storage Solutions Pty Ltd
- Holon Global Investments Limited
- Monochrome Asset Management Pty Limited
- Marshall Investments Pty Limited
- MHC Digital Finance, TCM Global Asset Management, Blockchain Assets Pty Ltd and Apollo Capital (Joint Submission)
- Financial Services Council Ltd (FSC)
- Thomas Murray Digital Limited
- Sydney Stock Exchange Limited
- Chi-X Australia Pty Ltd
- CMCC Global
- ETFS Management (AUS) Limited, 21Shares AG and Baker & McKenzie (Joint Submission)
- Dr Elvis Jarnecic
- TCM Capital
- Neo Legal
- Australian Financial Markets Association (AFMA)
- Dr Aaron M. Lane & Assoc. Prof. Chris Berg (Joint Submission)
- Fintech Australia
- CPA Australia Ltd
- Mills Oakley