CP 348 Extension of the CFD product intervention order
Released 18 October 2021. Comments closed 29 November 2021.
This paper summarises ASIC’s analysis to date of the impact of its product intervention order imposing conditions on the issue and distribution of contracts for difference to retail clients.
The paper also sets out ASIC’s proposal to extend the order so that it will remain in force until it is revoked. The proposal is subject to consultation, further analysis of the effectiveness of the order and Ministerial approval.
- Consultation Paper 348 (PDF 548 KB)
- Report 724 – Response to submissions on CP 348 Extension of the CFD product intervention order
- Media release 22-082MR ASIC’s CFD product intervention order extended for five years
- ASIC Corporations (Product Intervention Order—Contracts for Difference) Instrument 2020/986
- ASIC Corporations (Product Intervention Order Extension—Contracts for Difference) Instrument 2022/259
- Australian CFD and FX Association
- AETOS Capital Group Pty Ltd
- Bell Potter Securities Ltd
- Eightcap Pty Ltd
- FairMarkets Trading Pty Ltd
- IG Australia Pty Ltd
- International Capital Markets Pty Ltd
- Pepperstone Group Ltd
- PLUS500AU Pty Ltd
- Saxo Capital Markets (Australia) Ltd
- Stonex Financial Pty Ltd
- Individual submissions