RG 51 Applications for relief
Issued 27 July 2020
This guide is for applicants and advisers who are applying to ASIC for relief (i.e. by exemption or declaration (to omit, vary or modify)) under:
- the Corporations Act 2001
- the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993
- the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009
- the National Consumer Credit Protection (Transitional and Consequential Provisions) Act 2009
- the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001, or
- the Insurance Act 1973.
It sets out the types of applications that can be made, how to submit applications, our general approach to applications for relief, and the types of relief available.