Insolvency information for directors, employees, creditors and shareholders
This information sheet (INFO 39) lists ASIC's information sheets for directors, employees, creditors and shareholders affected by a company's insolvency.
We have produced these with endorsement from the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA).
The information sheets give a basic understanding of the three most common company insolvency procedures – liquidation, voluntary administration and receivership – as well as the independence requirements for external administrators and approving external administrator remuneration. There is also a glossary of commonly used insolvency terms.
List of information sheets
- INFO 41 Insolvency: A glossary of terms
- INFO 42 Insolvency: A guide for directors
- INFO 43 Insolvency: A guide for shareholders
- INFO 45 Liquidation: A guide for creditors
- INFO 46 Liquidation: A guide for employees
- INFO 54 Receivership: A guide for creditors
- INFO 55 Receivership: A guide for employees
- INFO 74 Voluntary administration: A guide for creditors
- INFO 75 Voluntary administration: A guide for employees
- INFO 84 Independence of external administrators: A guide for creditors
- INFO 85 Approving fees: A guide for creditors
Where can I get more information?
Further information is available from the ARITA website. The ARITA website also contains the ARITA Code of Professional Practice for Insolvency Practitioners.
This is Information Sheet 39 (INFO 39) updated on 1 September 2017. Information sheets provide concise guidance on a specific process or compliance issue or an overview of detailed guidance.