Apply for an ASIC approval, consent, statement, nomination, or other
This transaction is for an entity or person to apply for ASIC approval, consent, determination, direction, statement or nomination under a specific legislative provision. In the transaction we will ask you to:
- provide details of all entities applying
- provide details of any managed investment scheme(s) or Australian or foreign passport fund(s) related to the application
- identify any third parties whose interests would be adversely affected by the granting of the ASIC approval, consent, determination, direction, statement or nomination
- indicate the market sensitivity of the application
- indicate the urgency of the application
- provide details of why you are applying for ASIC to exercise the specific power, and
- if required, attach supporting documents for the application.
Shown below are some of the questions and some of the functionality you can expect from this transaction in the portal. This overview does not show every aspect of the transaction.
Choose the power you wish ASIC to exercise from a pick list.
The options will vary after you select what the applicant is seeking from ASIC (substantive matter). The example below is when ‘approval’ is selected.
There is a free text field where you will add a brief explanation of why you are applying for relief.