What requirements do I need to meet to be a registered agent?
Registered agents make lodgements to ASIC registers on behalf of companies. There are a number of eligibility requirements and obligations that you need to consider before applying to become a registered agent.
Applying to become a registered agent
To become a registered agent, you must lodge a Form RA01 Notification to register, change details of, or cease as a registered agent.
A requirement of lodging the Form RA01 is to read and agree to the ASIC Registered Agent Terms and Conditions.
Requirements to be a registered agent
To be eligible to be an ASIC registered agent, you:
- must be a registered Australian company, the holder of a business name, or an individual that carries on business under their own name
- must have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- must not be disqualified from managing corporations under the Corporations Act 2001.
New applicants will need to nominate a responsible person who will be accountable for the performance of the agent obligations under the ASIC Registered Agent Terms and Conditions.
For a full list of eligibility requirements, read the ASIC Registered Agent Terms and Conditions.
The ASIC Registered Agent Terms and Conditions outline registered agent obligations about:
- keeping your agent details up to date
- use of our online services
- carrying on a business
- lodging documents with us
- acting as the company agent of a registered Australian company
- ceasing to act for a registered Australina company
For a full list of obligations for registered agents, read the ASIC Registered Agent Terms and Conditions.