Financial Services Guide
If you give financial product advice to retail clients, you must provide a Financial Services Guide (FSG).
The FSG is designed to provide clients with enough information to decide whether to obtain financial advice (or any other financial service) from you.
Along with other financial services disclosure obligations, the FSG aims to ensure that your clients receive good quality advice and are able to make informed decisions.
Regulatory Guide 175 Licensing: Financial product advisers (RG 175) contains information about:
- when to provide an FSG, including what to do in time-critical cases
- required content of an FSG, including remuneration and disclosing possible conflicts of interest
- how FSGs relate to secondary service providers
- FSG record-keeping obligations.
- RG 175 Licensing: Financial product advisers
- Regulatory index – Financial services disclosure