CP 284 Example Statement of Advice for life insurance: Update to RG 90
Released 31 May 2017. Comments close 31 July 2017.
This consultation paper sets out ASIC’s proposals for updating Regulatory Guide 90 Example Statement of Advice: Scaled advice for a new client (RG 90).
We are proposing to replace the example Statement of Advice (SOA) in the current RG 90 with a new example SOA for scaled advice (i.e. personal advice that is limited in scope) about life insurance for a new customer, and to update the guidance in RG 90 to reflect this change.
This paper attaches the draft updated RG 90. We are seeking your feedback on the proposed updates and, in particular, the new example SOA.
- Consultation Paper 284 (PDF 293 KB)
- Attachment to CP 284 - Example SOA (PDF 907 KB) | (Word 185 KB)
- Report on submissions
- Updated RG 90
- Anonymous (PDF 68 KB)
- Association of Financial Advisers (PDF 475 KB)
- Consumer Action Law Centre (PDF 110 KB)
- Credit and Investments Ombudsman (PDF 110 KB)
- Mark Everingham (PDF 660 KB)
- Financial Planning Association of Australia (PDF 410 KB)
- Financial Rights Legal Centre (PDF 76 KB)
- Financial Services Council (PDF 906 KB)
- First Mutual Australia (PDF 5.7 MB)
- Industry Fund Services (PDF 204 KB)
- Industry Super Australia (PDF 68 KB)
- Michael Miller (PDF 100 KB)
- Mine Wealth + Wellbeing (PDF 326 KB)
- Mortgage Choice (PDF 1.5 MB)
- James Patterson (PDF 559 KB)
- YTML Group (PDF 384 KB)