ASIC’s Indigenous Outreach Program
The Indigenous Outreach Program (IOP) is an established and specialist team working across ASIC to provide advice, insights and support to ensure ASIC’s engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples is culturally appropriate and sensitive. The team also works with industry, service providers and other government agencies to influence system change and drive positive financial outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The IOP team
|Danille Abbott||Senior Manager||WA|
|Nathan Boyle||Senior Analyst||NSW|
|Jessica Naimo||Senior Lawyer||NSW|
|Justin Linwood||Project Officer||QLD|
Key projects and media releases
ASIC Regulatory outcomes
- Opening statement to the inquiry into corporate sector engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander consumers
- Court finds Select AFSL and its agents acted unconscionably when selling insurance products: Royal Commission case study
- High Court dismisses ASIC appeal in APY Lands book up case
- ASIC releases a report into book up practices in Indigenous communities
- Moneysmart Indigenous resources
- ASIC warns Indigenous consumers about scams
- ASIC launches new teaching resource to build the financial capability of Indigenous students
- ASIC leads super industry on outreach trip to the APY Lands
- ASIC encourages Indigenous consumers to 'take a minute with their money'
ASIC’s Indigenous Financial Services Framework
ASIC’s Indigenous Financial Services Framework is a public document that outlines key learnings from extensive consultation relating to how Indigenous consumers engage with the financial system. It will be used to inform ASIC's work and to be shared to encourage other external stakeholders in support positive financial outcomes for Indigenous consumers.
Learn more about ASIC’s Indigenous Financial Services Framework.
Contact the team
You can contact the team through ASIC's Indigenous Help Line on 1300 365 957 or call ASIC's Infoline on 1300 300 630. You can also email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.