NZAU Connect app
The NZAU Connect app is a joint initiative of the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) and the New Zealand Companies Office (NZCO). The app brings together:
- 2.6 million records from ASIC's companies register
- 600,000 records from the NZCO's companies register, and
- 2.3 million records included on the Australian National Business Names Register
Through NZAUConnect, you can use your device to check a business' registration status, registration number and principal place of business.
NZAUConnect also allows you to save your most common searches, and share search results by email.
Learn more about NZAUConnect (YouTube video) (Transcript; RTF, 61k).
Benefits of the NZAUConnect app
NZAUConnect is part of ASIC's ongoing commitment to make it easier for customers to find information.
- You don't need to sign up or create an account
- Create 'favourites' for frequent searches
Puts you in control
- Simultaneous searching of both the Australian and New Zealand registers
- Mobile searching means you can get information quickly and easily
Free access to
- Name of the entity
- Type and status of the entity
- Date of registration
- Address details for the entity
Using NZAUConnect on your smartphone or mobile device
When you open the app, you'll immediately see the 'Search' screen, which allows you to search for an organisation by name or company number. By default, NZAUConnect will search both the Australian and New Zealand registers, but you can restrict your search.
You can also find helpful tips and more information on using NZAUConnect by tapping the small blue question mark that appears in the top right-hand corner.