Connecting with industry
As well as the groups listed below, ASIC meets with industry groups, AFS licensees and potential new entrants to the industry on an ad hoc basis as we carry out our regulatory work.
Financial Advisers Consultative Panel
The Financial Advisers Consultative Panel (FACP) supplements ASIC's existing engagement with the financial advice industry by:
- contributing to our understanding of issues in the financial advice industry
- improving ASIC's capacity to identify, assess and respond to emerging trends in the financial advice industry
- enhancing our relationships with our key stakeholders.
The members of the FACP are practising financial advisers with a range of skills across the following areas:
- self-managed superannuation funds
- digital financial advice.
The FACP will provide ASIC with views on a broad range of issues relating to the financial advice industry.
For more information, see Financial Advisers Consultative Panel.
ASIC regularly consults with various industry associations. This allows ASIC to keep up to date with issues and initiatives across the industry and allows ASIC to provide updates and seek feedback on its strategic priorities and work.
We have regular liaison meetings with the:
- Association of Financial Advisers (AFA),
- Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA),
- Financial Services Council (FSC).
ASIC regularly meets with local stakeholders at a state level to hear about industry issues and to provide updates on ASIC strategic priorities.
Issues relating to financial services, including financial advice, are often raised at these meetings and the input received is valuable in shaping ASIC’s approach.