Copyright and linking to our websites
All material ASIC publishes, either online or offline, is copyright.
Publishers and other people may reproduce verbatim, content from the following 7 classes of document, without asking for further permission from ASIC.
- Regulatory guides (please note these documents are updated and reissued - with the same RG number - from time to time)
- Consultation papers
- Media releases, information releases and ASIC advisories
- Class orders, pro-forma instruments, and market integrity rules
- ASIC forms, without our logo
- ASIC annual reports
- Short selling position reporting data
You can reproduce in hard copy and/or electronic format, for sale or for free.
You must acknowledge ownership of the content, eg '© Australian Securities & Investments Commission. Reproduced with permission.'
You must obtain permission from ASIC before you reproduce any other online or offline content, apart from the 7 classes of document listed above.
Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must not copy any information or files from our "Unclaimed Money" pages except for your private use. You may however insert links to our pages from your own website as long as you observe our conditions (below) for doing so.
- You must not use some sections of our ASIC Digest, for example, executive summaries, lists of instruments, registered schemes and lists of takeovers, prospectuses and trust deeds.
- If you are sourcing materials from the ASIC Digest or other ASIC-Thomson Reuters publications/products, you must not infringe our publisher's intellectual property, designs (eg page layouts) and concepts, which are copyright to Thomson Reuters. For example, Thomson Reuters owns the indexes, not ASIC, so you must seek their express permission before reproducing them.
- You must not use our design, formatting etc
- You must never reproduce our ASIC logo or other ASIC graphics without express approval from ASIC.
Subject to certain conditions (listed below), you may insert a link to our home page and/or specific pages of our websites (www.asic.gov.au; www.moneysmart.gov.au; http://www.financialliteracy.gov.au/) if you observe the following conditions:
- Links must be presented in a way which fairly represents our role and our site(s). They must not embarrass us.
- The context in which you insert the link must not give your visitors the impression that your site, or your company, is sponsored or endorsed by us.
- The context of the link must not suggest that we have created any of your content (i.e. the source of the material must be clear).
- Links must open in a new window, and not in the navigation of your website.
- You must never reproduce our logo without express approval from ASIC.