Organisation and business names search
ASIC's registers can be searched directly from the ASIC website.
The more criteria you enter about the search you want to conduct, the more relevant the results will be.
Assistance with using the search facility and purchasing search items can be accessed via the help function.
Start your search
To get started, visit the ASIC website at www.asic.gov.au.
- Click on 'Companies and organisations'. This will take you to ASIC Connect Search.
In the search field, select 'Organisations and Business Names' from the drop-down box and enter the name or ACN/ABN/ARBN/ARSN of the organisation or business name.
- Click 'Go' to view the results.
Up to 20 results are listed per page.
- The results show basic information about each organisation or business name.
- To view or print the results list in PDF format click on 'View Results List'.
- To view more information about each result click on the organisation or business name, or tick the box next to the Name (you may select more than one organisation at a time) and click on 'View Details' at the bottom of the page.
This screen displays further information about the organisation(s) selected.
- The page gives a summary of the company details. Under 'Information for purchase', a list of products available for purchase is displayed.
- Select one or more products (if available).
- Click on 'Add To Cart'. Click 'OK' when confirmation box appears.
- Click 'Checkout'.
- To access the shopping cart click on 'View Cart' in the orange box at the top right of the screen.
- The list of information brokers offers an alternative way to search for, and purchase information about a company.
This screen will confirm all the products that were selected and give the option to remove any, prior to purchasing.
- To remove a product or products from the cart, tick the relevant box and click 'Remove'.
- To purchase products in the cart, click on 'Pay Now'.
Enter an email address for the delivery of the purchased products and the payment receipt. You will need to confirm the email address by entering it twice.
- Enter credit card details to make the payment.
- Click on 'Next'.
- The next screen will confirm payment or highlight any problems with the transaction.
This screen confirms the purchase of products.
- Click 'View & Print Payment Receipt' to open your receipt in PDF form.
- Your product and receipt will be sent to your email address for you to view, save and print. Alternatively you can collect the payment receipt and product online by selecting 'Online Retrieval Status'.