Abandoned companies

ASIC has powers to wind up companies if an employee is owed entitlements (e.g. wages) and the company is no longer carrying on a business.

If the company that employed you is not in liquidation, you may be eligible to lodge a request to ASIC to wind up an abandoned company. To find out in what circumstances ASIC will wind up an abandoned company see ASIC’s powers to wind up abandoned companies (RG 242).

In your request you should provide the following information:

  • your name, daytime contact number and your email address
  • the period (including dates) you were employed by the company and your position
  • how much you believe you are owed in employee entitlements
  • why you believe the company is abandoned.

For more information see GEERS or the FEG.

Last updated: 21/06/2023 12:00