Regulator Performance Framework
The Government introduced the Regulator Performance Framework (Framework) to provide common performance measures to assess how Australian Government regulators operate. The Framework is designed to assess only one aspect of a regulator's performance—the extent to which it minimises regulatory burden in the course of fulfilling its other activities. It should be seen as only one component of the broader performance of regulators.
There are six mandated common outcomes-based key performance indicators (KPIs) that cover reducing regulatory burden, communication, risk-based and proportionate approaches to regulation, efficient and coordinated monitoring, transparency, and continuous improvement of regulatory frameworks.
We report our self-assessment against the Framework and our evidence metrics annually.
- Report 691 Regulator Performance Framework: ASIC self-assessment 2019–20
- Report 663 Regulator Performance Framework: ASIC self-assessment 2018–19
- Report 618 Regulator Performance Framework: ASIC self-assessment 2017–18
- Report 561 Regulator Performance Framework: ASIC self-assessment 2016–17
- Report 511 Regulator Performance Framework: ASIC self-assessment 2015–16
The Framework provides measures that set out what good regulatory performance looks like for each KPI. We have developed evidence metrics to assess our performance against each KPI in consultation with stakeholders.
October 2017 evidence metrics
Following the publication of our first self-assessment against the Framework in 2015–16, we identified some ways we could improve our metrics. It had become apparent that some of our metrics had become outdated as business processes changed over time.
- Download Regulator Performance Framework: ASIC evidence metrics (October 2017) (PDF 138 KB)
- Read Report 548 Response to submissions on amendments to ASIC's Regulatory Performance Framework evidence metrics (REP 548)
July 2015 evidence metrics
- Download Regulator Performance Framework: ASIC evidence metrics (July 2015) (PDF 116 KB)
- Read Report 441 Response to submissions on ASIC’s Regulator Performance Framework evidence metrics (REP 441)