Company annual returns
Annual returns were abolished from 1 July 2003 when we introduced Annual Company Statements and the Change to company details form.
We issue your annual company statement once a year on the review date of the company To avoid late fees you must pay the annual review fee within two months of the review date and make any changes to your company details online using a Change to company details (Form 484).
- What to do if you have lodged your pre 2002 annual returns
- What to do if you have not lodged your pre 2002 annual returns
- Fees for annual returns before 2002
- Company annual statements
What to do if you have lodged your pre 2002 annual returns
If you have lodged all your returns up to and including 2002, you do not have to lodge any annual returns. Annual returns were abolished from 1 July 2003.
What to do if you have not lodged your pre 2002 annual returns
You must lodge any outstanding annual returns with us.
If you need to lodge an annual return for any year before 2003, please contact us to request a reprint. We will also send you a guide to help you complete your annual return.
Not sure if you have an outstanding annual return? Use our Organisations & Business Names search to check.
Fees for annual returns before 2002
The following fees will apply to any annual returns for 2002 or earlier if they were lodged after 1 July 2003.
The annual return lodgement fee for:
- any proprietary company newly registered during the period 1 July to 31 December of the annual return year: No fee
- a proprietary company (other than a special purpose company): $200
- a small transferring financial institution: $200
- a public company (other than a special purpose company or small transferring financial institution): $900
- a special purpose company is: $36
Late fees (This fee is subject to change in future years)
A late fee of $362 will be charged on all annual returns for years prior to 2003. This fee is charged in addition to the lodgement fee shown above.
How to pay fees
All fees must be paid in full when the annual return is lodged.
Send the annual return with the prescribed fee to:
Australian Securities & Investments Commission
PO Box 4000
Gippsland Mail Centre VIC 3841
Cheques should be made payable to: Australian Securities & Investments Commission. If you are paying by BPAY, use the biller details printed on your company's annual return.
Company annual statements
From 1 July 2003, companies will receive an annual statement once a year, generally on the anniversary of when your company started. You must check the statement is correct and pay an annual review fee.
Any changes to your company details can be completed online using a Change to company details (Form 484).