Company searching and registration in New Zealand
- Searching online
- Registering a New Zealand company
- What if I already have a company registered in Australia?
- More information
You can search the New Zealand Companies Office website for free information on companies. Types of searches include:
- Register Search – Search for basic details of companies and Other Entity types. Basic company details, a list of documents filed by the company and the certificate of incorporation are provided for free.
- Previous Name Search – Search for basic details of companies by using a previous name the company may have had.
- Address Search – Search for companies associated with a particular address. You can get a PDF report of the companies matching your search criteria for free.
- Director or Shareholder Search – Search for companies associated with an individual director or shareholder. You can get a PDF report of the companies matching your search criteria for free.
- Search for Security Interests – While searching a company's details, you can also search for interests registered in the Personal Property Securities Register. This search costs NZ$3.00. A more comprehensive search can be conducted at www.ppsr.govt.nz
- Banned Directors and Managers Search – Search for details of individuals currently prohibited from being a director of a company. You can also get notification from ASIC if a person is banned in Australia.
You can also use your smart device to find details on almost five million registered organisations in Australia and New Zealand using the NZAUConnect app.
NZAUConnect is a joint initiative of ASIC and NZCO. It brings together records from ASIC'S companies register, NZCO's companies register, and ASIC's Business Names Register.
Registering a company in New Zealand can be done entirely online. For more information about the registration process, visit www.companies.govt.nz
If you have a company registered in Australia, you may qualify to register in New Zealand as an overseas company.
More information on registering as an overseas company.
For any questions about registering a company in New Zealand, contact New Zealand Companies Office.